Friday, May 14, 2010

The Biggest Elephant I Ever Saw


The Biggest Elephant I Ever Saw
Me and my family went on to Africa. While we were there we went on a hike and we saw a giant elephant. Since I was so frightened I could not move an inch. Usually elephants aren't that huge, but this one was like at least 84 feet tall! I'm only 4.8 feet tall, that's like almost 80 feet taller then me! That elephant was gray and smelt like rotten apples. I thought he was going to charge at me but he came right up to me and said "Hello my name is Charley." His voice was really low and he a joyful elephant. I was so amazed. I said "My name Kayla." In about 2 days we became best friends. On the 3rd day I asked " Can I try and ride on you?" He said " Well, if you want to but how will you get up?" I said well I guess you will lift my up with your trunk, but there's one problem I'm scared of heights." He said "Don't worry I will not let you fall." Preferring not to, I got up on him. Surprisingly I was not scared and it was also a lot of fun! I was riding on him all day and when it got dark out I got off of him and went home. I said to him " I will wake up extra early and we will meet my right here, okay." The next morning he was there. I told him "I had to go back to Canada!" He said "Why don't you stay here with me?" I said "Well okay. I guess I'm going to go tell my parents that I really want to stay and if they say no I will beg and beg. When I told my parents and they said "Okay I guess if you really want to." After that I was so cheerful and glad that I could stay! I lived with Charley and I loved it! My parents came to visit every holiday. I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment